Monday, June 22, 2009

It's official...

I'm crazy. I signed up for a second year of JVC.

This has been a terribly long process, starting back in FEBRUARY and just finding out on FRIDAY! So I've had plenty of time to discern/process/change my mind, and I'm still going ahead with it, so I must be crazy. The reason it took so long is that the agency I wanted to work for just got the funding to come through for a JV a few weeks ago.

So come August I'm off to Missoula, Montana to work at the Salcido center. (www.thepoverellocenter.org). It's a drop in center for people who cannot use the regular homeless shelter due to being under the influence. They also provide services that are less case-management and housing based than the main shelter's service. Like GED classes or exercise.

So I'm going to go from working with cute babies and changing diapers to drunk yoga.

I'm excited, St. Anne's has had its ups and downs, but I am definitely ready for something different.

The chillins are waking up from nap...time to go.

2 comments:

Shelley Devereaux said...

drunk yoga? oh my!

Unknown said...

You will have many, many good and important stories to tell. Keep telling them.

(BTW...did you miss us as much as we missed you beach week? I tried to tag along to come see you w/ your mom during farm weekend, but your Uncle Matt wouldn't let me come. :-(. Take care!!)