Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So funny story.

On the way to write this blog, I flew over the handle bars of my bike and smacked my face into the ground.

Owie.

A slightly more fun biking story:

This weekend, Brian (housemate) and went on a 60 mile bike ride from Cle Elum to Yakima. Cle Elum sits at the foothills of the Cascades and Yakima is in some pretty significant desert land. The bike ride was to raise money for a town in El Salvador whose water pump broke. We stayed at the JV house in Yakima and had a great time. About 30 people were on the ride and it took most of the day on Saturday. It ended with a fiesta and an early night. (After leaving at 6am, I was BEAT). The scenery was great though. Eastern Wash is like nothing I've seen. Dry, dry, dry! Rolling hills without any trees or signs of life. It's starting to grow on me.

In other news:

I got my background check back. So now I can be left alone with the kiddies. Which means my days are now filled with running around filling in classrooms when teachers are gone. We are also working on a gardening grant and a dinner night with the families. So things are looking up at St. Anne's.

I'm off to a poetry slam. Never been to one, but there is a first for everything!

Other West/East coast differences:

Grid cities
Espresso stands everywhere.

2 comments:

S said...

Are you ok? That definitely sounds like something I would do (the falling off the bike part, not the riding 60 miles on it). Neosporin comes with a mild pain reliever in it now - it's wonderful and I highly recommend it.

Is life in the daycare improving with added responsibilities?

Kitty said...

Hi,
Great story.