Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A River Runs Through It

Photos!
Laura's wedding:


Priest Lake, ID:
John and I at Hempfest in Moscow, ID:
Spokane during Bloomsday:

I just relived "A River Runs Through It" this weekend. 

I spent Labor Day weekend fly-fishing with John and his dad at their families cabin, circa 1930s. What John didn't tell me in all the many times that he told me how great the cabin is and how its one of his favorite places, is that all of the women in the family refused to spend the night at the cabin.

(Which is fair: there was no running water/electricity, but there was a mouse)

But really, it was pretty fun. Nice to get away, enjoy the sun, see the mountains. And I even caught my first fish! First fly-fished fish anyway. 
Here is a pic of Missoula, not mine though, I just stole this one:

missoula.jpg



3 comments:

Shelley Devereaux said...

Jackie, let's get some things straight:

1) More updates. Because of the time difference/the fact you haven't answered my email, this is the only way I can get an un-parent-filtered view of what's going on in your life

2)This wasn't the first fish you caught. I'm sure you caught a fish on the trip dad took us on when he had to pay the extra $5 for you being 6, not 5.

3)What is Hempfest?

two cents said...

It may not be parent-filtered but parents are listening. Shelly, why are you interested in hempfest?
Dad

Shelley Devereaux said...

Dad, my name is spelled "Shelley." You know, you gave me that name.