Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunrise/Sunset






Walking to work on a beautiful, sunny morning in downtown Missoula.

Quiet streets.
The sun rises behind these mountains.
Sunset over the Clark Fork River.

Sun setting on downtown Missoula.

Pink mountains.
Sunset over the mountains.

I took these pictures last week when it was my first walk to and from work in day light. I can't tell you how much it shortens my day to be arriving to work in the sun, and leaving in the sun. I feel like I have a life again! Every extra minute of sunlight feels like an additional blessing, an additional chance to enjoy the world. I love summer, and when it gets to this point in the year, late winter still, I am already dreaming of barbecues and long hikes in the mountains. So the chilly spring weather is a reminder for me to slow down, enjoy where I am, and relish the moment.

No comments: