Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grateful

Happy Earth Day! I'll write more tomorrow about how we, as JVs, are spending our earth day, but today I wanted to steal an idea from myyearwithoutspending.blogspot.com and write about for what I am grateful.

I am grateful that it smelled like spring this morning. Everything was s lightly wet, slightly green, and slightly overcast. The smell actually reminded me of camping in national parks in the summer.

I am grateful that in the past 23 years, not once have I ever missed a meal from a lack of access to money or food. Considering the number of people in the world suffering from hunger, this is nothing short of miraculous.

I am grateful for my family, which I was reminded of this weekend.

I am grateful that I got the chance to witness a conversation about race this afternoon at the shelter between a Samoan man, a native man, and a white man, just while eating lunch.

I am grateful that the trees are finally budding and flowers are beginning to appear.

I am grateful that I have found someone I with whom I will share a life.

1 comment:

two cents said...

I remember when you were little running around the front yard after school saying you could "smell" that it was spring! I am glad you still appreciate those simple things. Maybe that is the real gift of the JVC experience.