Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bike to Work Week


Oh this wonderful time of year. I love Bike to Work Week. And not because of helping the environment, or being healthier, or any of those reasons. No. Because of the free coffee.

Various places around town are giving away free coffee one day this week to encourage people to bike to work. It's like getting paid to do something you would be doing anyway. Granted, I didn't get back on my bike until last week, in part because I knew BTW was coming up. In my defense, this is the forecast for the week:

Sunday: High 51
Monday: High 62
Tuesday: High 63
Wednesday: High 46
Thursday: High 39
Friday: High 45
Saturday: High 49

Lows in the 20s and 30s, chance of snow and rain Tuesday-Saturday.

Anyhow, I am enjoying my free bagel and coffee from Bagels on Broadway. And figuring, if spring never comes, summer eventually will.

P.S. Yes, that is Spokane's BTW logo, but its better looking that Missoula's.

1 comment:

Barb Chamberlain said...

Sorry you can't be here to ride in sunny Spokane! At least you're pedaling.

@BarbChamberlain
Co-chair, Bike to Work Spokane