Monday, December 14, 2009

My Lunch, or JVs don't starve

My lunch:

Orange shrimp fried rice

Ingredients:

Rice (leftover from dinner last week)
Shrimp (left over from our Christmas party yesterday)
Celery/Carrots/Broccoli (leftover from a veggie tray yesterday)
Orange (gift from a friend of ours)
Soy sauce (bought)
Red pepper flakes (bought)
Egg (bought)

Not that what I eat on a daily basis fascinating, but I thought y'all (cough, Mom, cough) might like to know that even on a tiny budget, I can eat quite well.

Ha!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Send me the recipe!

Love Mom

Shelley Devereaux said...

my dinner last night:
spanakopita
macaroons
dried dates
pickled herring, and lots of it
Swedish meatballs
mulled cider and schnapps

(party hopping between the reception for the President of Lebanon @ the Willard Hotel and the farewell celebration of the EU president at the Swedish embassy).

Shelley Devereaux said...

mom thinks I should apologize for flaunting my good fortune in your face.