Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jesus

So one of the major philosophies of service is treat everyone as you would treat Christ. "Whatsoever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me."

That's very nice, but Jesus doesn't get drunk too often and piss in your coffee pot.

Just saying.

It's not hard to picture people to be Christ when you are handing them a pair of gloves, or helping them fill out a job application. It's harder to picture that when they are cussing in your face. Or about to hit someone. Or polishing off a bottle of vodka in front of you, and then becoming incontinent on your couch.

2 comments:

two cents said...

Funny I was thinking of this same subject today but in reference to my most difficult patients. They don't pee in my coffee pot but I often have babies that pee on me.

Kitty said...

Ahhhh two cents....

it is cute when a little baby pees


it is NEVER cute when someone pees in a coffee pot!


Kitty