Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Day in the Life of a JV, Monday






This is a picture of the Clark Fork River at night.

Since I work 4 days a week, I usually have my weekend Sunday-Tuesday. It's a bit odd, and not my favorite having my "Monday" be on Wednesday!

Yesterday, I slept in. I wasn't feeling too great, so my morning/early afternoon mainly comprised of lots of tea and rest.
I worked on some crafty projects for a bit, read for a bit (Kavalier and Klay), then I remembered I still hadn't cleaned the bathroom and it was my turn.
So:
4:00 Cleaned bathroom. With baking soda and some all natural cleaners we have.
5:00 Laundry. 9 times out of 10 I line dry my clothes outside or in the basement, but since I wasn't feeling great, I went with the dryer.
6:30 Began cooking dinner. We had "Three sister's at the four corners" stew from my Moosewood cookbook. The three sisters are squash, corn and beans. The recipe called for butternut squash, but we only had winter squash leftover from the food bank. It wasn't bad.
8:15 Ate dinner. One of my housemates was running a little late.
9:00 Sat down for spirituality night. We read an excerpt from 1 John chapter 3 and also an essay entitled "Every Day Should be Earth Day," by Ann Lovejoy. The theme of both was loving through your words and actions. We discussed Gandhi's quote "Be the change you want to see in the world" and what that actually meant for us.
10:00 Hung out, watched more Law and Order, and went to bed!

No comments: