Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day in the Life of a JV, Weekend Edition

Saturday:
Worked. Work work work work. Saturdays tend to be fairly long and boring days at the Salcido.
6:00 Meet my housemates at the Break, a coffee shop. We used to be able to pick up an internet signal at the house, but that is no longer the case, so we must go to coffee shop for internet.
7:00 Go to Five Guys, Burgers, and Fries for a community dinner. Delicious. Unfortunately, one of my clients was there, passed out in front of the bathrooms. (The place is right next door to a hotel that many homeless people stay at). They had to call the cops on him.
9:00 Law and Order is on. One of my housemates is obsessed with it and its becoming part of our routine.

Sunday:

10:00 Mass with John at St. Francis Xavier, a Jesuit church in Missoula that's about a block from the Salcido. It's a beautiful church, but I'm not sure its where I'll continue to go. I did want to go to a Jesuit church while I am a JV this year, since I didn't last year.
11:00 Heartbreaking miscommunication. Usually I start salivating for the donuts after communion, but my housemates and I had planned to make pancakes after mass, so I skipped. What I didn't realize is that they were all going to 11am masses elsewhere instead of 10am. So when I got home at 11:30, there was no one around and I had to leave at 12:30. Sad....no donuts, pancakes, or community mates. I did have a creative brunch though: cheesecake leftover from Friday's dinner, half a grapefruit from John's mom, and shrimp scampi leftover from Friday. I'm realize this probably isn't the best week to showcase what being a JV is like seeing as how it's been a fairly un-simple week so far!
1:00 John and I met with the church's marriage counselor. There are many forms to fill out to get married in the Catholic church!
4:00 Meet at Dan and Erin's (Erin is a Former JV and Dan is John's uncle) to go to a super bowl party at their friend's house. Dan and Erin gave us tickets to see Wilco, so this was the pre-party.
7:00 See Wilco!
11:30 Leave Wilco very, very dehydrated and exhausted, but happy. It's nice having FJVs who support you.

No comments: